Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Watching You....

Last night, I was blessed with an opportunity to spend a little one-on-one time with my 2 yr old after the other kids went to bed. What fun I had with little LA as we chased each other around the living room, tickled, play boxed, lots of things. LA has started this little habit....whenever he runs from me and doesn't want to be found, he grabs the nearest blanket and throws it over his head. Even though he does this right in front of me, he thinks that if he can't see me, I can't see him. Like an Ostrich with his head in the sand!

As I sat watching and playing with LA, I began to ponder how often we as Christians do this with God. We tend to forget that God is all-knowing and all-powerful and (to put in in simple terms) like Santa Clause, "he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake"....And so much more, GOD created us, He's watching us. When we have done something that we know was wrong, or we are embarassed about, we think that we can run or hide and God won't find out about it. I wonder if God, like I did with LA, just sits back and chuckles at how naive we are.

"And now I entrust you to God and the word of His grace-his message that is able to build you up and give you inheritance with all those he has set-apart for himself." Acts 20:32

No comments:

Post a Comment