Friday, April 13, 2012

Lessons from a 4 yr old

I cannot believe how long it's been since I posted. I forgot I even had a blog. I've been mentally whining that I do not have anywhere to post our funny kid stories since we quit facebooking and then I remembered, "Oh, THEE BLOG!" And here we are...

Life has been crazy, busy, hectic to say the least. Every once in awhile, amid parenting a house full of kids, taking college courses, and building a house, I see a little bit of sunshine . Last week we had some sunshine worth blogging about.

My L.A. He's 4.

While riding in the van to take sister to school, he comes up with this astounding, yet random, question. "Mom, how do you go to heaven?" You ask Jesus to live in your heart. "How does Jesus get in your heart?" You pray and ask him to come in. A moment of silence......."Mom, I'm gonna need you to help me do that. What do I say?" And so we have this repeat after me prayer and L.A. invites Jesus to come live in his heart! HALLELUJAH!!!

In my mind I am wondering if he really knows what he's doing, he's only 4 afterall. But as the day goes on, he continues to be excited about it. I continue to ask him questions and we continue to talk about the answers. It's wonderful to see him excited about Jesus and beginning to understand his NEED for Jesus.

My favorite question/answer that he gave....This was the week before Easter and we really hadn't talked about it all that much. He gave me the best answer I've ever heard, even from adults......"L.A., why do we celebrate Easter?" As he twisted his mouth around and squinched his eyes to think, he says, "Hmmm, cause MY GOD'S NOT DEAD, HIMS SURELY ALIVE!"

He left me speechless for a moment. From the mouths of babes. He's so young and has so much to learn, but his FAITH can move mountains. His simple words can stop a grown woman in her tracks. Why do I try to make stuff so difficult, when it's really pretty simple? Lesson Learned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment