Monday, May 17, 2010

Why Am I Doing This?

Hi! I am a 26yr old Christian mother of 8....that's right 8! My role includes bio-mom, step-mom, adoptive-mom, foster-mom, & just because-mom. I have never been much of a journal/diary keeper so when I had the thought of creating a blog, I pushed it aside. But, I really feel led by God to do this, so here I am! My arguments you ask? I, by no means am a parenting expert, most days, I wonder why in the world God has chosen this path for me because I'm not that great at it. My kids are normal kids and our house is a pretty normal house (I think!), they argue and have to be told several times to do something and I lose my temper with them sometimes...not a picture perfect family by any means. I have so much left to learn and so many questions to ask in regards to raising my own kids, how can I tell someone else how to do it? This is the answer that keeps replaying in my mind: There are lots of 26yr old moms, and lots of moms with 8 kids, and lots of step-moms, moms that have adopted and foster moms, BUT, how many people are there that fit ALL of those categories? I do. I have learned so many things and have so much left to learn from my multi-mom role! My goal is to post a daily thought to make you think, laugh, cry, or even be inspired. I am trusting God will use this blog to minister to all the rest of you moms out there and even myself!

1 comment: