Monday, May 31, 2010

Time is Precious

Appreciate the time you have with your kids.

I haven't been able to help being excited as August draws closer. The big kids will be back in school, and this year, 2 of my toddlers will be in preschool. Meaning, I will only be left with 2 kids at home...and one of them may be in preschool by December, leaving only one at home. This is really going to be a complete life change, especially since one of my toddlers going to preschool is the equivalent of 3 toddlers at once (she is very busy, mischievious, and a complete handful to say the least). Life at home quite possibly may get boring during the day.

The closer preschool times draws near, though looking forward to it, I am becoming very apprehensive....Sunshine has never stayed with anyone but me for the most part. She is very independent and I have no doubt she will be fine, but when she has moments that she just wants mommy to hold her or pat her back to sleep for her nap, I begin to wonder whether or not she is ready.....or better yet, if I am ready! And then I feel guilty for sending her and wanting her to go. I wonder if we will ever have time to just cuddle together while watching a movie or to just have those mommy/daughter moments after school starts.

And then there's the other side of things....I can't wait for her to go, she is a handful and I need a break! I am kind of ready to have a quiet household during the day. Most of the time, I feel guilty for feeling this way:( even though there are lots of reasons, (aside from my own feelings)that she needs preschool.

Turmoil, turmoil, turmoil!...do I want to be excited or sad???? I can't decide, so for now, I am both!

Sooo, for the next 2 months, I will do my best to prepare my Sunshine for her preschool class where she will learn and grow in so many needed ways....and try my best to appreciate her every time she cries or throws a fit and says, "I want my mommy". And definatly take advantage of all the little, special moments we get to sneak in along the way! Oh, and try really hard NOT to cry until I get to the car on her first day of school!

1 comment: