Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Is It Nap Time Yet?

My thoughts for today are revolving around naptime....Usually, by the time 1200 rolls around, I cannot wait to get my kids into bed so Mommy can have some much needed quiet time. Most of the time, naptime is when I get caught up on the chores that the kids undo if they are awake or when I work on little home projects or things like this blog that is so much fun! The downfall to rushing the kids off to bed?...Usually I just stick them in bed tell them nighty-night and rush back to get started on whatever I need to do. THEN, I spend the next 2 hours telling the kids to go get back in bed and to quit playing with toys. Mom doesn't get quiet time and Kids do not get a good nap.

Today's word of advice : Take 10 minutes to pat your kids to sleep or read them a book if that's what they want.

I have tried to quit rushing so much and started patting my contrary "Sunshine" to sleep. Now, I loose 10 minutes instead of 2 hours. She gets a good nap and I get to have some peace and quiet!

Try it, it works!

"A final word: Be strong in the Lord's mighty power." Ephesians 6:10

No comments:

Post a Comment